Mission and Core Values of Venice Family Clinic
The mission of Venice Family Clinic is to provide quality primary health care to people in need. The Clinic prioritizes the following core values related to street medicine:
- Deliver care directly to unsheltered patients wherever they may live.
- Earn their trust.
- Get them into a clinic.
- Get them into housing.
- Conduct old-fashioned house calls in their personal space by the family doctor, NP or PA.
The core values of Venice Family Clinic’s Street Medicine Program stem from an approach that:
- Is person-centered.
- Is reality-based.
- Is grounded in unconditional respect.
- Uses medicine as an instrument of peace.
- Uses medicine as a tool of advocacy.