What to Wear?
Carrie Kowalski, PA-C, Lachune Price, PA-C, and Ebony Funches DNP, of Venice Family Clinic show off their street medicine attire and backpacks. Cedars Sinai Photos.
a) Recommended Clothing
- Wear protective clothing with secured pockets for carrying valuable possessions such as phone, keys, wallet, agency identification and business cards.
- Leave your white coat at the office and wear business casual clothes or scrubs. Wear sturdy, closed toe shoes. Avoid wearing heels or dress shoes.
- Consider wearing scrubs with agency identification.
- Account for the weather conditions where you are working and dress accordingly.
- Bring water and be comfortable, safe, and authentic.
b) Care of Backpacks and Clothing—Recommended precautions to prevent infestation include:
- Treat backpacks and clothing with 0.5% permethrin spray (tick, mosquito and mite repellent).
- Store outreach clothing in a separate hamper and wash all clothing after each use.
- Wash and dry clothes in the washing machine and dry on a high heat setting.