How can providers develop a self-care practice? Find the right combination of activities and approaches that work for you and make a conscious habit or routine, then repeat daily and adjust as you like. Here are some practical tips73:
- Take frequent breaks to recharge.
- Get enough sleep, eat healthy and exercise.
- Connect with other people; create a support system.
- Make time for fun and play.
- Give technology a rest and take social media breaks.
- Do something creative.
- Learn or try something new each day.
- Ask for help
- Listen to music.
- Spend time in nature.
- Find humor; laugh a lot.
- Set goals and keep track of your accomplishments.
- Celebrate your wins.
- Breathe, meditate and practice mindfulness.
- Read a good book.
- Learn to say no.